In optimizing business in digital services, many companies are now migrating massive data. Data migration is one of the crucial processes in the midst of technological advances that continue to develop. Implementing this migration process can provide benefits for business progress. Moreover, today’s modern era business relies on big data. So it means that the data migration process is something that must be done properly.
Data migration is combining systems from both companies into one new system. Data will migrate from one system to another.
So, what do you need to know when doing this process? Let’s see the explanation below!
What is Data Migration?
Data migration is the process of transferring or moving large amounts of data from one storage system to another. In the process, the transferred data will change or change the format. Briefly, the process consists of planning, backing up data, testing data quality and evaluating the final results.
So what types of data migration can businesses do?
- Database Migration: Database migration is more straightforward to do, assuming the database is used only as a storage area. This includes moving stored data and creating a new structure for how that data is specifically organized. The process involves a system called the Database Management System (DBMS).
- Data Storage Migration: Storage migration involves moving data from one storage location to another. It is considered more effective, elegant, fast, and more secure in terms of security and ease of access, including Transferring Converted Files to Digital Documents. In addition, the stored data can be more easily backed up in case of a problem.
- Migration through cloud systems: Cloud migration is the migration of data, applications or other business items from on-premises data centres to cloud-based databases. As one of the most popular data migration processes today, cloud migration has a wider scope, so it can be combined with other types of migration. This type of migration is defined as the process of moving data from a physical data centre to a virtual data centre based on the concept of cloud computing.
- Application Migration: In this type of data migration, there is a process of moving application programs from one database environment to another. So this can include migrating all applications from central local storage to the cloud, moving between clouds, or migrating application data to other new forms.
- Business process migration: By doing this type of migration, entrepreneurs will change all their business processes to increase their competitiveness. The data transfer can be in the form of business applications, product details, consumer data, or business operational processes.
The data migration process presents a number of beneficial benefits, especially for digital-based businesses. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reducing the budget for media procurement or data storage that is less effective so as to increase business profits
- Provide comprehensive and integrated data storage guarantee
- Reduce the risk of data corruption that can affect business operational processes
- Helping the utilization of resources that can be optimized for future business progress
- Improve business efficiency and effectiveness by utilizing today’s technology
Are you a business person who wants to migrate data? Visit this site SAP Data Migration Malaysia.